Saturday, December 10, 2011

Agnes Jane Howe, are you related?


"Genealogy is where you confuse 
the dead and irritate the living."
author unknown




 

Hi, 
Over on Why-AIM.com I have been doing reports on my families. I started off with the Male Gilpin line and have added in one female line Martha Jane or as she preferred Mattie Cupp. Her mother, my great grand mother, must have been a very interesting lady. Agnes Jane Howe, born 28 Dec 1841, in Chariton County, Missouri. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not a reincarnation of her...
Peggy Myers Carson an older cousin, said she always called her Grandma Neece, Agnes Jane Howe married three times. I don't know if she out lived them or divorced them, I believe she out lived them. Her first husband  Francis Marrion Cupp, died in Feb of 1879, she remarried a William Montgomery 22 Jan. 1880, he died 1918 This one has to be a divorce as he died after she remarried again to John McCormick Neece in Jan. of 1911. Now this makes one wonder if she was just hard to live with or to independent to be married. 


Agnes was married the first time at age 18, then again at age 39 then at 70. Wow there might be a match for me out there ...lol not really I like being single... 


Agnes descends from a long line of Howes that go back to the Rev. War General Howes, the two brothers who served England.


More latter

Nelda

No comments:

Post a Comment