Tuesday, March 27, 2012

openSNP - free genotypings


Remember the offer for free genotypings? Well I got an email from them that I thought I'd share with you.

Name of company:  openSNP
Description: crowdsourcing genome wide association studies


The free genotypings
This night the deadline for free genotypings passed, and we are overwhelmed by the amount of responses. In less than 24 hours after the first blog post over 200 people sent us their applications, and in total over 450 people applied. For us the real work now begins, and we will do our best to go through all the applications, select the most interesting, and then contact every applicant.

Entering Phenotypes
We also used the past weeks to implement some more features into openSNP. This time we focused on end-users entering their data into openSNP, especially on entering phenotypic variations.
you can read the rest at:
http://opensnp.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/update-on-the-free-genotypings-and-new-features-on-opensnp/

Wow, Boy do I hope they pick me too... Not that my history is so interesting.... but one can always hope!

Have a great Day

Nelda

No comments:

Post a Comment